Years ago I decided that I wanted to write a book that included all of the information that I was sharing on my YouTube channel. Then one day, I was contacted by a company soliciting teachers to write their own textbooks. I already knew I wanted to do it, so I said yes. A couple of years later and here we are:
I took everything that I teach in my ENG100, ENG101, and ENG102 classes and I put them into 12 lessons and about 50 pages of activities:
- LESSON 1 Why Is English So Complicated?
- LESSON 2 How to Write a Sentence
- LESSON 3 How to Punctuate a Sentence
- LESSON 4 How to Write a Paragraph
- LESSON 5 How to Read Critically
- LESSON 6 How to Write with a Purpose
- LESSON 7 How to Write an Outline
- LESSON 8 How to Write an Essay
- LESSON 9 How to Use Rhetoric in Your Writing
- LESSON 10 How to Write about Literature
- LESSON 11 How to Use Sources Effectively
- LESSON 12 How to Write a Research Paper
At the end of each lesson are QR codes that link students to videos on my YouTube channel to explain things in more detail. If you are a teacher or a student who thinks that this sort of textbook might help you, please consider checking it out! I’d really appreciate it.